Showing posts with label mobile. Show all posts
Showing posts with label mobile. Show all posts

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Chicken garland



My home is a farm.

I just realized... owls in the dining room, fishes in the bathroom, sheeps in the living room... and chickens in the kitchen! I guess it is because I miss the countryside... or maybe I just like creating all these animals...hmmm, I think that's both.

To conclude, I warmly recommend you to make this garland: these chickens will bring a lot of happiness in whatever room you will hang them.

So, what about the instructions?

First of all, click here to download the pattern and print it. Cut the pieces for the wings and the comb from some red felt, the beak from some orange felt, and the eyes and pupils from some white and black felt, respectively.
For the body I used some cotton fabric, but of course you could do it with felt as well! Cut two pieces, leaving approx 1 cm of margin for sewing.

Now... time to sew!
First, the small pieces: comb, beak, eyes and pupils. Remember to put some filling in the beak and in the comb. I decorated each wing with a simple running stitch; you can of  course customize it as you prefer.
For the  legs, I used some mouse tail ribbon. Cut a small piece, fold it and make a pair of knots for each leg.

Sew the body inside out, leaving a small opening so that you can reverse it and fill it with cotton. When you are done, close it with some stitches.

With some thread or some glue for fabric, put into place the other parts (comb, eyes, etc.).

Done!

Here are some more pictures so that you can see the details... please don't pay too much attention to the defects....





I hope you liked it! Cheers

Monday, August 27, 2012

A fabric and cotton aquarium

Holidays are over... well, looking at the positive side, it's time to dedicate some time to crafts!

Still, before starting with some new work, I'd like to bring this page up to date. So, to share some ideas, I'd like to show you a mobile that was very successful at home:


To make it, I painted a branch with a mixture of enamel and a little water, and, while it was drying (it takes a lot of time...), I drafted fishes of different shapes and sizes. At last, I came up with the shape I liked, and made five of it with  fabric body and felt eyes and fins. I made them a little fat with my beloved IKEA pillow filling, and finally I hung them to the coral-branch with some fishing thread.

That was really easy and, aside from the time it took the branch to dry, it was also very quick to make!

Here are more photos of it. If you liked the shape of my fishes, you can  download them clicking here.

Ciao!